Friday, September 23, 2005

Compline chorus

I'm a bit uneasy tonight. Rita is bearing down on the Texas/Louisiana coast, headed straight for an area my older brother lives. He lives in Jasper, just north of Beaumont. I'm worried about the tornadoes that will be spawned.

Whereas the Gulf Coast has been dealing with nature's force and destruction the past two months, tonight I was blessed to experience what I call "the healing side of nature." As we were singing Compline, we had some voices of nature join us. During the chanting of the Psalms an owl added a few hoots, and at the close of the office we heard the coyotes yipping and howling. There was something calming in hearing the sounds of nature join our chorus. Reminding me of the deep connection and interconnectedness we have with all creation.

No comments: